VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Monday, September 23, 2013

You're the Inspiration








Last week, I wrote about getting physical and moving to PRODUCE something creative. But what about getting that first SPARK?

That first INSPIRATION??

That takes something different. In my world, that takes purposeful seeking.

Chicago (the band, not the city) once sang:  . . . you're the meaning in my life/ you're the inspiration/ you bring feeling to my life/ you're the inspiration

It must be GREAT to have a muse in your life that inspires everything but, just like a lot of other rock n' roll lies . . . YOU have to inspire YOURSELF! I find that the act of inspiration is just being OPEN to what is all around me.

On days when I feel like I need to jump-start my inspiration I find it by:
  1. listening to a new radio station;
  2. reading the newspaper, magazine or a favorite blog;
  3. taking a walk;
  4. doing my morning pages; 
  5. playing with my kids;
  6. watching a TV show I've never seen;
  7. scanning through Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook;
  8. grabbing my camera and going around the house or outside and taking photos;
  9. looking through my old photo albums;
  10. browsing the stacks at the local library.
Where do you find inspiration?

If you are waiting for it to come to YOU,  you'll never find it. You have to go out and LOOK for it!! 

How do you FIND inspiration?

THIS grad student might inspire you to do something amazing like his take-off on Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody . . .

No comments: