VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Read the News Today

Most days, I rise, do my morning pages -then I read the newspaper. I live in the Pacific NW. In addition to the national news of the most recent shooting spree by a mentally ill man there were local stories of:

  • A mentally ill man who randomly stabbed and killed a man and injured the man's girlfriend;
  • A mentally ill, high on drugs, man who stole a boat and rammed it into other boats, causing damage and nearly injuring a couple on their live-aboard boat (luckily he was stopped in time);
  • A mentally ill, high on drugs, "bored" man who -after fighting with his wife, got into HER car and caused a fiery crash that killed a 22-year old.
On days like this, it is hard for me to let go of that sadness and step out into CREATIVITY.

But, I know that I cannot give in to the sadness. I cannot let sadness and evil (yes, I said evil) take over. 

I need to keep CREATIVE. I need to ENCOURAGE others to be creative. I need to make a POSITIVE difference in the world. So, I keep going. I keep on MY path and do what I do BEST which is CREATE and ENCOURAGE others to create as well. 

So, my friends, today, I choose to walk in CREATIVE altruism . . . I urge you to continue doing what YOU do best.

What do YOU choose? How do you COPE?


No comments: