VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Not Just for Actors

If you live in the greater Renton/Seattle area, you can take a class with ME! I begin teaching my Adult Improv for Non-Actors class THIS week.

MOST Wednesday nights from 6 - 7pm

If you've EVER wanted to try improv. If you've ever wanted to get back up on your feet and PLAY again like you used to when you were a kid. If you want to learn techniques that will get your brain thinking in new directions, then please JOIN me!

Feel free to email me at michele@rentoncivictheatre.org for more information!

Here are the questions I get most often:

WHAT DOES THIS CLASS COST?
Nothing. This class is FREE to the public as an outreach of Renton Civic Theatre. I volunteer because this is the way I can give back to my community. However, donations to the THEATRE are hoped for, and gratefully accepted!

WHERE IS THE CLASS?
The class is held at Renton Civic Theatre 507 S. 3rd Street in Renton. That is the reason class is MOST Wednesday nights. On weeks when we have shows opening, then there is no class!

WHAT DO I WEAR TO CLASS?
Comfortable clothes. Whatever gives YOU complete range of motion.

WHAT DO WE DO IN CLASS?
Play improv games. And laugh, a lot.

CAN I JUST WATCH?
Nope. This is just about the ONLY thing I don't "yes, and . . ." You stay. You play. That's my motto and I stick to it. If there is someone sitting and watching, then the people onstage participating get uncomfortable/feel judged/cannot work . . .

CAN I JUST DROP IN FOR A CLASS AND SEE IF I LIKE IT?
Yup. Feel free. Just email me to make sure we're having a class that night.

I'M JUST NOT FUNNY, THIS CLASS IS ONLY FOR FUNNY PEOPLE, RIGHT?
Wrong! This class is for people who want to learn some new skills that they can apply to life (or stage). Being funny is NOT the purpose of this class. In fact, I quite often have to remind participants to stop TRYING to be funny.

No comments: