VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Improv of Life

Today is 9.11.2013.

Twelve years ago my husband and I had a 7 month old baby and a hopeful offer on a house. Then things changed drastically in the US.

Today, on Facebook, I see many different posts. They range from "Never forget" to prayers for peace to one that opines that it is unhealthy to remember.

That, my friend, is the great big IMPROV of life and I love it.

As my Mom used to say, "If everyone was exactly the same and thought exactly the way you did, the world would be a very boring place."

So true, Mom. I am GLAD we're all different. It certainly makes the improv of life INTERESTING!!

I LOVE it when we are all presented with a situation and there are as many ways to think about it and respond as there are people on this great, big, beautiful world. Every day -every moment- is an opportunity to participate fully in the world around us by accepting, and ADDING. The good ol' "yes, and . . . ".

(In case you were wondering, I fall somewhere between the "never forget" camp and the praying for peace camp.)

We used to sing this song when I was in grade school a zillion years ago. Seems fitting for MY mood today . . .




No comments: