VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three Little Words

I am sorry.

Those are the 3 most powerful words in any relationship; especially if a leader says it.

WARNING: Those words should be said and left alone. If you add a "but" it negates the apology.

Examples:

I am sorry, but . . . you were doing it wrong so I had to step in and fix it.
I am sorry, but . . . you are too sensitive.
I am sorry, but . . . we're going to have to let you go.

See? The "but" is never good.

Here are other ways to say, "I am sorry":

I was wrong.
I was mistaken.
You are right.
I apologize.
Please forgive me.

Leaders, memorize those. They are important to have in your lexicon.






No comments: