VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Favor

At church, our Pastor talks about "favor".  He doesn't talk about favor in the typical terms of "you do this for me and I'll do that for you". No, he talks about it in terms of a blessing (large or small) that comes into your life while you're living as honorably and honestly as you can. So, while I'm at play rehearsal, I'm helping a young actor learn lines. Not because I expect or want anything in return, just because I have the experience and the time to help. I am giving favor to that person -just because.

I write a recommendation to someone on LinkedIn because I truly enjoyed working with them and think they have something to offer an employer. I expect NO endorsement in return. I do it just because.

Because it makes me happy; it makes me feel good. Because I'd rather put something positive out into the world as often as possible, rather than something negative.

Sometimes favor comes back to me but usually not from the person who I bestowed favor to. It comes in the form of a medical bill that was lower than I expected. It comes in the form of winning a gift certificate in a contest. If you put good OUT, it will come BACK.

What favor have you bestowed unconditionally in the past week? Month? Year?

What favors have been bestowed upon you in the past week? Month? Year?

No comments: