VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Monday, January 13, 2014

I Didn't Expect to Win This Award

I cannot tell you how MANY times I heard, "I didn't expect to win this award!" while watching the Golden Globe telecast last night. As if saying THAT made it okay for the winner to waste our time by babbling on mindlessly until the "wrap it up" music started playing.

Midway through viewing all those train wrecks last night, I was reminded of my STRONG belief that when faced with even the remote possibility of speaking before a live television audience, it is polite -and prudent- to prepare something genuine, coherent (and succinct) to say.

The same goes for ANYONE. In fact, in this big old improv of life, I believe it is even more important for all of us non-stars to have something coherent and succinct to say about our work/passions when presented with an opportunity to do so.

I feel it is time to re-publish my post from last February, on this very topic. Here it is: Hollywood Stars and Your Elevator Speech.

No comments: