VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Take it With a Grain of Salt

Of COURSE, I had to click on an article with the provocative title of "The 10 WORST College Majors"!! Oh my gosh! Don't let my kids choose THOSE majors, oh please, God. (I hope you sense my sarcasm there.)

Guess what? A BUSINESS-focused magazine with a tagline of "Information for the world's business leaders" has an article skewed to scare anyone away from a degree in just about every arts field.

It is the job of the Forbes editors to KNOW their audience and play to it just like any musician would! (Couldn't resist an arts reference!! Hee hee!) 

I hate to break it to you, but, the arts have ALWAYS been a risky field. So is business, if you don't have the acumen for it!

The question is: do you have the STAMINA to make money in a field that is more focused on the arts rather than business? And, why can't you do both? Who SAYS you cannot be an artist/writer/actor/ photographer/musician/archeologist/arty-type with a great mind for business, too! Go for what you love. Be the exception to the rule! 

The surest way to failure is to live someone else's dream! If you love the arts, go for it. If you love business, go for it! If you're somewhere in the middle, go for THAT! Live YOUR dream!


No comments: