VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Go Back a Year

Leaders realize that the thing they are worrying about TODAY is not the thing they'll be worrying about in a year.

Whenever I'm tempted to get upset, or spend valuable time worrying about something - I take a step back and ask, "What was I worried about LAST year at this time?" If I can even remember, I am able to realize that the thing I was the most worried about often didn't even come to pass.

Last year at this time, I was worried that if I quit my job we'd go broke. Guess what? It didn't happen, in fact, quite the opposite. . . That helps me spend time moving forward instead of stuck in the slough of worry.

But, if I get stuck in "worry-mode" a great exercise to alleviate worry is to take it to the EXTREME. Play the "what's the worst that can happen" game. Only if the worst that can happen could (honestly) result in a death, then it's probably not that bad.

If that game doesn't help play the "Plan B" game. If happens then I'll do . Find as many things you could do if your WORST happens. 


No comments: