VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Monday, April 4, 2022

When Accepting an Offer is the Best Response

I understand that there is a lot of news about some recent legislation in Florida.

Being honest, I haven't researched enough to know if the "memo" linked here is truly being circulated around Florida schools, or not, but I sure hope so, because it is a perfect example of accepting an offer.

The points made in this memo are excellent, accurate and true. Furthermore, the author of this memo isn't trying to change the reality (that Florida HB1557 is now law) but, is accepting that the bill did pass and is counseling that others follow the bill to the letter.

As someone who performs, teaches and coaches improv I always like to find real-life examples and this is a great one.

It's also a reminder that all of life is an improv!

Those who forget that -or don't understand that- and try to write a rigid script as a means of controlling something or someone are going to be thwarted most of the time. 

I'll be watching this one with great interest.

No comments: