VIEWS ARE MY OWN

OPINIONS ON THIS PAGE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS

Shakespeare said "All the world's a stage . . ." I agree! I believe that life is one big improvisation! I love helping leaders explore the way art and creativity can improve life and intersect with the business/non-profit world! What do you want to learn today? What do you want to create? Let's do a scene!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

All The Time and Money You Need

What are your dreams/goals? What would you do if you had all the time in the world to achieve your dreams? What would you do if you had all the money in the world to achieve your dreams?

Is it really money or time stopping you? What would you do if you BEHAVED as IF you had all the time and money you needed to achieve your dreams? Most people think they don't have the time or money to start their dreams.

I think there's a great power in just starting something. In just taking that first step. I have many friends who went to college in their later years and started new careers. Those heroes of mine realized that the time would pass anyway and so they just began; when they became committed, they solved the money part, too.

A lot of businesses spend a TON of time planning things. But, all the planning in the world cannot predict the future. Cannot predict what will happen next. Amazing things happen in our lives and horrible things happen in our lives. The only thing that is certain is to hold on to a vision and BEGIN to work towards it.

When I asked "If you had enough time/money, what would you do" on Facebook a year or so ago, the people who responded had very simple and lovely dreams, I got answers like:
I'd have a vegetable garden
I'd exercise more
I'd write a book

Those things are SO achievable in my mind, but in the mind of my respondents, they weren't. They were paralyzed and couldn't begin; couldn't start. When you look at those goals, think of how YOU would begin them . . . the funny thing is, as I look at those, just 15 minutes a day could make a difference. Weeding and planting for 15 minutes before or after work daily would start a garden. Exercising 15 minutes before or after work; walking on break -or lunch would start an exercise plan. Writing for 15 minutes a day would start a book. It's NOT really time and money that you need, it is just that you need to begin,  you need to start working toward your dream today . . .

I'm a huge fan of Jon Acuff and he's just launched his "START" book. Here's a little video that might inspire you today to start working on your dream: 

No comments: